This summary will help you to manage and understand the Schedule Tools & View menu − the available tools you have and views option.
Spend some time to view the different functions within the Tools menu. All of them are described with a brief text. As a basic principle, what you see in the schedule is what is going to be exported to print. Please also check your View Options settings on the View Options menu − how your data/schedule will be displayed.
- Shift Codes − where you handle all shift codes.
- Replace Shift Code − here you can replace the shift code for selected users.
- Create Rotating Schedule − here you can copy a schedule already created. This function is good to use where you have a rolling schedule in place. Please read more in Scheduling.
- Insert Value into Unspecified Row − enables you to populate your schedule with different choices. Percentage of Cockpit Target or Cockpit Planned can automatically be inserted by using this function.
- Submit To Budget/Forecast − where you submit your Cockpit Planned Hours to Forecast or Budget.
- Alerts − where you handle the alerts used.
- Add Alerts To Workers − if activated, here you can set alerts connected to workers; for example, maximum number of hours during a month.
- Information Rows − information rows where you can add any value you like.
- Add New Team − you can add Teams based on the following criteria: number or shifts scheduled at the specific time; number of shifts scheduled to start before the specified time, but after the previous team; or number of shift types. See drop down list.
- Add New Worker − new employees are added here.
- Add New Unspecified Row − enables you to add extra rows to Unspecified as per your own choice.
- Add New Schedule − to add an entirely new schedule.
- Change Schedule Name − change the name of the schedule.
- Delete or Deactivate Schedule − here you can delete or deactivate the schedule. Deleting a schedule is not possible if shifts are attached to that schedule for future days. There is a possibility to delete shifts for a period.
- Print to File − enables you to print to either excel or pdf with the following choices; default, Weeks (Sat-Fri), Weeks (Sun-Sat), Weeks (Mon-Sun), Weeks (Fri-Thur).
You have several choice to what you want to view in the schedule
- Show FTE will display the hours in the schedule in FTE (full time employee) instead of hours. You set how many hour per day a FTE works in Settings in Cockpit.