Welcome to PMI – the management art and science of resource and productivity management!
We are here to provide support and guidance as you get to grips with PMI. It may seem a little complex at first but don’t worry, just follow this simple onboarding guide and you’ll be a PMI pro in no time.
What is PMI?
A key part of a management role is to deliver great service while minimizing waste – be it labor, food, energy, towels, and linen, and so on.
PMI is designed to help you and your team achieve just that by assisting in the tasks of goal setting, execution, and monitoring progress more easily and with better transparency – which helps foster trust, collaboration, and accountability.
Our objective with this section is to help you understand how to navigate PMI, and how to read the various reports and extract the necessary information to make good, informed decisions for your department leading to better control, reduced waste and increased productivity.
To get started we recommend taking some time to watch the videos in the order listed below. These are also available on the relevant pages in PMI, so you can refer to them as and when needed.
1. Introduction to PMI Onboarding (17:52s) Vimeo – This video provides an overview and introduction to all of the modules and reports within PMI.
2. PMI Index Onboarding (4:48s) – Vimeo – PMI Index Dashboard is designed to guide the department heads (cockpit owners) on how to improve their productivity management tasks or skills which will lead to a higher score and result in higher productivity.
3. GM daily digest overview (4:07s) – Vimeo A brief introduction to the GM daily digest, explaining what information is displayed and how to navigate around the page.
4. Benchmarking (3:06s) – Vimeo – This allows you to view and compare your performance against other properties in your group.
5. Consolidated views in Benchmarking and Management Perspective Overview (3:20s) – Vimeo -This allows you to create a productivity department which consists of a set of department types and a cost driver in Benchmarking.
6. Portfolio Perspective Onboarding (3:41s) – Vimeo – Gives you a quick, easy and insightful overview in your portfolio.
7. Management Perspective Overview (3:16s) – Vimeo – In only a few minutes a day this enables you to know how your team is pacing, what you likely to end up with and the top actions you need to take to reach your target.
8. Flash Report Overview (2:25s) – Vimeo – This video provides details on the flash report which shows daily revenue.
9. Live Forecast Onboarding (6:06s) – Vimeo – only used if you are doing live forecasting in PMI and not importing from an external source.
10. Budget/Target and Forecast – Takes you through the entire process from A to Z.
- Setting Productivity goals (10:25s) – Vimeo
12. Segment On the book OTB (1:16s) – Vimeo – A quick overview of your bookings OTB for a certain period.
13. Consolidation On the book OTB (2:42s) – Vimeo – A consolidation of the OTB data for the entire listing on your Benchmarking report, or a specific property.
14. Mapping of Accounts (5:23s) – Vimeo – This is where the revenue and occupancy data from various source systems are linked to various profit centers.
15. Mapping in the Timekeeping system (4:36s) – Vimeo – This gives you a brief overview of what goes on behind the scenes. Where all the incoming information from your TKS is imported into PMI.
Depending on your property, some videos may not be relevant for you. For example;
16. P&L Planning 1/10 Purpose and benefits (2:25s) – Vimeo – How Planning can improve efficiency and productivity.
17. PMI GoGreen Promotional video (3:08s) – Vimeo – Become part of our call to action!
How-to Articles and useful files
We have many useful guides and articles in the knowledge base. Here are a few useful articles to get you started.
19. Benchmarking Overview – Benchmarking overview – QNA by d2o
20. Consolidated views in Benchmarking and Management Perspective Overview – Consolidated view in Benchmarking and Management Perspective – QNA by d2o
21. Portfolio Perspective Overview – Portfolio Perspective overview – QNA by d2o
22. Management Perspective Overview – Management Perspective overview – QNA by d2o
23. Flash Report Overview – Flash Report overview – QNA by d2o
24. Live Forecast Overview – Live Forecast Overview – QNA by d2o
25. Pickup Statistics – Pickup Statistics – QNA by d2o
26. Segment OTB – Segment OTB – QNA by d2o
27. Consolidation OTB – Consolidation OTB – QNA by d2o
28. Mapping of Accounts – Mapping Accounts – QNA by d2o
29. Mapping in the TKS – How to use TKS (TimeKeepinSystem Import) in the Cockpit – QNA by d2o
30. Budget/Target and Forecast – Three (3) ways to insert budget in PMI – QNA by d2o and Upload Actuals, Budget & Forecast – QNA by d2o and PMI R&P – Decimal setting in Budget & Forecast – QNA by d2o and Other Budget and Forecast – QNA by d2o and Room Budget and Forecast – QNA by d2o and PMI R&P – Lock Budget – QNA by d2o and Setting productivity targets and/or hours in Budget & Forecast module – QNA by d2o
31. P&L Planning menu overview – Planning Menu – Tools and View Option – QNA by d2o
32. PMI Terminology – https://qna.d2o.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/PMI-Terminology.pdf
33. Daily cockpit routines – https://qna.d2o.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Daily-cockpit-routines.pdf
34. GM Playbook – https://qna.d2o.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/GM-Playbook-Template.pdf
Need more assistance?
Not to worry! There are many ways of finding information and assistance in PMI:
- Knowledge base – find step-by-step articles and video tutorials for all aspects of PMI here.
- FAQ – Frequently asked questions – Can’t find what you are looking for in the Knowledge base? Type your question in the search bar of FAQ page for quick answers to often asked questions.
- Documents in the Help section in the main page (click on the 3 lines to activate this) – here you can have access to property specific documents.
- PIA – Productivity Intelligence Aid – Have questions while you are working in PMI? Use the chatbot Pia as your first port of call. Simply click on her, and type in your question for immediate answers.
- Your BRE Analyst, contact information can be found with your contract holder. If you still can’t find the answers you need, or need additional guidance, then take contact with these people.
- email@example.com – If all else fails, you can always send an email to our support team. d2o support team are always happy to help and guide – just drop them an email and they’ll get back to you as soon as they can.
Good luck on your journey to better productivity management, consistent great customer service and a motivated team – PMI will be with you every step of the way!