Welcome to PMI – the management art and science of resource and productivity management!
We are here to provide support and guidance as you get to grips with PMI. It may seem a little complex at first but don’t worry, just follow this simple onboarding guide and you’ll be a PMI pro in no time.
What is PMI?
A key part of a management role is to deliver great service while minimizing waste – be it labor, food, energy, towels, and linen, and so on.
PMI is designed to help you and your team achieve just that by assisting in the tasks of goal setting, execution, and monitoring progress more easily and with better transparency – which helps foster trust, collaboration, and accountability.
Our objective with this section is to help you understand how to navigate PMI, and how to read the various reports and extract the necessary information to make good, informed decisions for your department leading to better control, reduced waste and increased productivity.
To get started we recommend taking some time to watch the videos in the order listed below. These are also available on the relevant pages in PMI, so you can refer to them as and when needed
1. Introduction to PMI Onboarding (17:52s). Vimeo – This video provides an overview and introduction to all of the modules and reports within PMI.
2. PMI Index Onboarding (4:48s) – Vimeo – This video gives insights into the PMI adoption index – what it is, and how you can use the dashboard to improve your productivity management skills through the adoption of best practices. This is a great learning aid encouraging you to adopt best practice in PMI and maintain a consistently high index score.
3. Front Office Labor cockpit (12:05s). Vimeo – The labor cockpit is where you will spend most of your time in PMI. This video follows the Front Office labor cockpit owner in their daily and monthly tasks.
4. Timesheet Onboarding (4:14s) – Vimeo – This video focuses on the Timesheet report.
5. PIA – Productivity Intelligence Aid (2:18s). PIA Productivity Intelligence Aid Overview (2:18s) on Vimeo – The quickest way to get support and help while working in PMI. Learn how to access and use Pia for fast answers to all PMI related questions.
6. Flash Report Onboarding (6:27s) Vimeo. This video provides details on the flash report which shows daily revenue.
7. Pickup Statistics (4:31s) – Vimeo – This video explains how you can use pickup statistics to view and analyse the booking pattern for your property.
8. Schedule module (only used if you do NOT have a time keeping system import) – This module consists of 8 video tutorials. Learn how to create and manage schedules.
- Navigation (5:12s) – Vimeo
- How to create a labor cockpit schedule (4:29s) –Vimeo
- How to add a team member (2:07s) – Vimeo
- How to create a shift code (3:30s) – Vimeo
- How to add shift codes to team members (3:41s) – Vimeo
- How to create a rotating schedule (3:20s) – Vimeo
- How to replace shift codes for a period (2:00s) – Vimeo
- How to create split shifts between departments (2:42s) – Vimeo
Depending on your property, some videos may not be relevant for you. For example;
9. Live Forecast video series – only used if you are doing live forecasting in PMI and not importing from an external source.
- Live Forecast Onboarding (6:06s) – Vimeo
- Live Forecast Navigation (5:05s) – Vimeo
- Live Forecast Rooms (5:05s) –Vimeo
10. PMI GoGreen Promotional video (3:08s) – Vimeo – Become part of our call to action!
How-to Articles and useful files
We have many useful guides and articles in the knowledge base. Here are a few useful articles to get you started.
12. Summary of a cockpit – overview – QNA by d2o
13. Daily routines – Daily routines, Labor Cockpit – QNA by d2o
14. Time sheet – Time Sheet – QNA by d2o
16. Flash Report Overview – Flash Report overview – QNA by d2o
17. Pickup Statistics – Pickup Statistics – QNA by d2o
18. Schedule – The Schedule Tools & View menu – QNA by d2o and Scheduling – QNA by d2o and Revise schedule and save labor cockpit afterwards – QNA by d2o and Printing a schedule – QNA by d2o and Labor Cockpit Schedule – QNA by d2o and How to make a schedule – QNA by d2o
20. PMI Terminology – https://qna.d2o.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/PMI-Terminology.pdf
21. Daily cockpit routines – https://qna.d2o.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Daily-cockpit-routines.pdf
Need more assistance?
Not to worry! There are many ways of finding information and assistance in PMI:
- Knowledge base – find step-by-step articles and video tutorials for all aspects of PMI here.
- FAQ – Frequently asked questions – Can’t find what you are looking for in the Knowledge base? Type your question in the search bar of FAQ page for quick answers to often asked questions.
- Documents in the Help section in the main page (click on the 3 lines to activate this) – here you can have access to property specific documents.
- PIA – Productivity Intelligence Aid – Have questions while you are working in PMI? Use the chatbot Pia as your first port of call. Simply click on her, and type in your question for immediate answers.
- Your BRE Analyst, your Financial Controller or General Manager will be able to assist you with the contact information. If you still can’t find the answers you need, or need additional guidance, then take contact with these people.
- email@example.com – If all else fails, you can always send an email to our support team. d2o support team are always happy to help and guide – just drop them an email and they’ll get back to you as soon as they can.
Good luck on your journey to better productivity management, consistent great customer service and a motivated team – PMI will be with you every step of the way!