An overview of and explanations to what you see on home page: Cockpits, RevPolu, PMI Index, Weather, Integration Status and Release Notes
All PMI users.
1. Labor Cockpit Information
All active cockpits are listed separately. You can click on the picture to access the department you want to open. (Even if a cockpit is not in use, it will still be visible. Closed departments must remain in the system for at least a year so that its able to compare YoY – unless historic hours are moved elsewhere).
The current (MTD) productivity status of each cockpit is colour coded:
- Yellow question mark means the Cockpit is not updated − we recommend that all Cockpits be updated before 10.00 in the morning.
- Red minus sign means the Cockpit is updated, but more hours have been used than forecasted productivity target/hours.
- Green plus sign means the Cockpit is updated and is using fewer hours than the forecasted productivity target/hours.
Advice − A discrepancy by more than +/- 50 hours indicate that the productivity target for the month was unrealistic. Please review your labor schedule or productivity target.
The most important Key Performance Indicator (KPI) in PMI is RevPOLU (Revenue Per Operations Labor Unit). Total Revenue/Total Paid Hours = RevPOLU. The calculation includes both productive and non-productive hours. Month-to-date result is shown in a larger font size. Current month-end figures for Live Forecast (actual and planned), Forecast, Budget and Last Year are calculated according to SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic & Time sensitive).
On the 1st day of the month the Revpolu shown is last month MTD data.
3. PMI Index
PMI Index gives an indication of how much PMI is currently updated and the frequency of usage. If PMI best practice is always followed in all modules, a maximum of 10 points is given. The circular graph is color coded:
- Green = Index above 8.0. Good use of PMI.
- White = Index between 6.5 and 8.0. PMI is used, but there is room for improvement.
- Orange = Index between 5.0 and 6.5. Not all modules are used or used improperly.
- Red = Index below 5.0. PMI is not used as intended.
4. Integration Status
The red box indicates whether source files are missing or empty. These issues are usually sorted by your GM, financial controller or IT; alternatively contact email@example.com.
If new accounts/transaction codes have been found in the received file, they will be displayed as “X new accounts to be mapped”. Press the text and you will be directed to the Mapping Accounts module. You need controller rights to update mappings.
5. Weather Forecast
PMI displays the weather forecast for tomorrow on the home page, but the Flash Report and Live Forecast displays the forecast the coming 10 days. The weather forecast is imported from www.yr.no.
When something is displayed under Integration Status, it is important to take action immediately as there may be discrepancies between your source systems and PMI.
It is important that missing files get imported as soon as possible, as some information is not possible to recreate once the day has passed. – what can not be recreated?