Some properties have the possibility to import actual food purchase into PMI.
Kitchen Food Cost Owners
Food purchase is imported daily into PMI.
A Kitchen normally has different types of purchases, some are short-term and some are long-term or purchased for a specific event. Depending on the type and the purpose of the purchase, you might have to disperse the actual consumption in order to reflect the correct food cost.
1. Imported purchase will be imported into the field “Imported Purchase”. You may add purchased that was not a part of the automated import in the column “Other Purchases”. You can override the automated import and enter an amount directly into “Import Override”.
2. Should part or all of that purchase be used for a large event in a future date you need to put that amount in the Inventory column for that day. You do not need to delete this purchase from the Inventory field after consumption; PMI will only calculate today and onwards.
3. A seasonal consumption (e.g. Christmas dinners) should be inserted as a daily purchase; it could be inserted as extraordinary inventory in addition, to increase the closing balance. The closing balance is revised as you are consuming this purchase.
4. Insert daily comments for special events.
5. Remember to save your data.